- 2014 Fall Feast
- 2014 Spring Soiree
- 2013 Winter Celebration
- Innovation Challenges
The Forward Fellowship convenes diverse social entrepreneurs in Durham for a 13-month experience providing them with the resources, knowledge, and relationships they need to realize the full potential of their social ventures. We select high-growth social entrepreneurs, prioritizing viable and scalable breakthrough approaches to problems. Forward Fellows are emerging leaders in Durham’s social innovation ecosystem and as a diverse cohort represent our values and desired outcomes.
- Peer support from cohort of fellow social entrepreneurs
- Leadership training and development
- Customized, expert feedback
- Media visibility
- Connections in Durham, the Triangle, and nationally
- Mentorship and guidance from their Fellowship Sponsor
- A $5,000 stipend
Fellows commit to:
- Receiving guidance from Fellowship Sponsor
- Participating in fellowship activities
- Connecting with the regional social venture sector
- Curating one event in their area of interest in coordination with their Sponsor/Mentor and BCF
- Making introductions within and across sectors
- Contributing to media outreach to drive visibility of the region’s social enterprise community
- A final presentation
Fellowship Sponsors mentor, facilitate introductions, and help shape the experience.
- Exposure to regional social innovators and entrepreneurs
- The benefit of helping a social entrepreneur succeed
- Visibility and brand recognition
- Employee development and community engagement opportunities
- Community feedback
Sponsors commit to:
- A $10,000 sponsorship per Fellow ($5K to Fellow and $5K to BCF);
- Helping select the Fellow based on criteria agreed upon with BCF;
- Quality mentoring of Fellow.
Bull City Forward will track:
- Growth and impact of the Fellows’ own initiatives/ventures
- The Fellows’ experiences with their peer group, feedback session, and mentorship
- Impact on the social innovation sector in Durham and the greater Triangle region
Interested in sponsoring a Fellow?
In addition to a monetary sponsorship, sponsors commit to mentoring their Fellow and connecting him/her to relevant resources. Please contact us for more information about the benefits of becoming a Forward Fellows sponsor. Or, call 919-228-9365 to speak with someone immediately.