- 2014 Fall Feast
- 2014 Spring Soiree
- 2013 Winter Celebration
- Innovation Challenges
RFP for Forward Fellow 2013
Application due: August 15, 2013
Selection: September 1, 2013
Fellowship start: October 1, 2013
Forward Fellows Program
Bull City Forward (BCF) is a community of high-impact, high-growth entrepreneurs in Durham and the greater Triangle region. The Forward Fellows Program enlists emerging entrepreneurs across the Triangle to participate in an exceptional professional development experience that will accelerate their venture, enhance networks, and contribute to the region’s innovative economy.
The Forward Fellowship
The Forward Fellowship is a competitive six-month fellowship for social innovators. Fellows represent diverse backgrounds, with interests ranging from education technology to infectious disease. Fellows are typically sponsored by businesses and organizations in the community. The Forward Fellowship is not a full-time position. Forward Fellows are working full-time on their own venture.
The Blue Cross Blue Shield – NC Forward Fellow
Bull City Forward and Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina are pleased to request proposals from regional social entrepreneurs focused on improving healthcare as outlined below. Applicants outside of this focus area will not be considered.
- Engaging consumers in health behavior
- Healthcare analytics – differentiating the market, i.e., segmenting the population for effective and efficient engagement
- Payers & Providers: improving how these groups work together, i.e., Accountable Care Organizations
- Peer support from cohort of fellow social entrepreneurs
- Leadership training and development
- Customized, expert feedback
- Media visibility
- Connections in Durham, the Triangle, and nationally
- Mentorship and guidance from their Fellowship Sponsor
- A $5,000 stipend for the year
Fellows commit to:
- Spending up to 10 hrs/mo with Fellowship sponsor/mentor
- Participating in fellowship activities
- Connecting with the regional social venture sector
- Curating one event in their area of interest in coordination with their sponsor/mentor and BCF
- Making introductions within and across sectors
- Contributing to media outreach to drive visibility of the region’s social enterprise community
- A final presentation
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Geraud Staton (see all)
- The Winner of the Boomerang and EmPOWERment Shark Tank event - August 16, 2016
- CUBE, Helius and Bull City Forward talk about Diversity - August 9, 2016
- NCCU’s Summer Youth Business and Entrepreneurship Academy - July 22, 2016